Purpose & Description
Trauma is the third leading cause of death in the
United States and the leading cause of disability in young Americans.
Advancements have made an impact on this challenging problem,
but injury still remains the greatest silent epidemic of modern
society. Our goal is to provide the most current information on
trauma and its management to all health care professionals working
to help combat this major health problem. Three concurrent sessions
along with several general sessions are offered each day from
which to choose.
This conference, presented by Southern Arizona Trauma Network
(SATNET), has been organized under the leadership of the Division
of General Surgery and Trauma Services at The University of Arizona
Medical Center and the University of Arizona, College of Medicine.
Should Attend This Conference?
This conference will be of interest to physicians, residents,
nurses, pre-hospital personnel and respiratory therapists as well
as trauma and emergency care educators and administrators.
• Explore prehospital and early treatment strategies in
• Discuss advances to minimize or prevent complications
in the trauma patient.
• Describe emerging trends and treatment of the trauma patient.
Beverage and Credits
conference fees include:
Continental Breakfast each morning
• Morning and Afternoon breaks each day
• Sit down Lunch each day
• Continuing Education Certificates
• Course Packet
• Applied to the California Board of Registered Nursing,
Provider Number 10039, for 12.5 contact hours
• Prehospital education hours have been applied for through
the Southeast Arizona EMS Council for 12.5 contact hours
• Continuing education hours have been applied for through
the Arizona Society for Respiratory Care for 12.5 clinical credits
Thursday Night, August 9, SATNET will hold its annual Monsoon
Madness Dinner. This year’s event will be held at the nearby
Catalina Steakhouse at the Golf Course from 5:30 to 8:30pm. Cost
is $20 per person and includes Dinner and entertainment. Sign
up early and add the cost to your registration fees. The hotel
will provide shuttle buses to the event.
Arizona Trauma Network (SATNET)
is a non-profit organization whose mission includes:
• Increasing trauma awareness
• Providing trauma- related education
• Promoting injury prevention
• Raising funds to support its goals
sponsors this conference each year and also helps present and
sponsor other trauma related educational endeavors.